Do you need to know more about your rights in Malta? Are you confused by different legal statuses, permits and what they mean? You want to file a complaint about a human rights violation but have no idea where to begin?
Our #aditusFactSheets below are a good starting point! Go ahead and download whichever you need…if you have further questions or need advice, just get in touch with us and we’d be happy to see if and how we can help.
All documents are in .pdf format, and are being constantly updated and new ones added.
Anything missing? Tell us, and we’ll try to include it!
- Legal Aid System
- The Third-Country Nationals Unit (TCN): Legal Aid
- Maltese Court System Simplified: Civil Issues
- Maltese Court System Simplified: Criminal Issues
- Discrimination and Equality Bodies in Malta
- The Council of Europe and the European Union
- Human Rights Protection in Malta
- Right to Fair Trial and Access to Justice
- Rights of Suspects and Accused in Criminal Proceedings (EU Roadmap Directives)
- Rights of Victims of Crime
- Long-Term Residence
- The Asylum Procedure (this is currently being updated)
- Free Movement of EU Nationals & their Family Members
- Rights attached to Beneficiaries of International Protection
- Asylum-Seekers’ Entitlements
- Specific Residence Authorisation
- The Asylum Procedure in Pictures (this is currently being updated) (EN, FR, ARB, BN, TIR, SOM)
- The Asylum Interview (EN, FR, ARB, BN, TIR, SOM)
- The Asylum Appeal (EN, FR, ARB, BN, TIR, SOM)
- The Dublin Procedure (EN, FR, ARB, BN, TIR, SOM)
- Supporting Organisations (EN, FR, ARB, BN, TIR, SOM)
- UN Subcommittee on the Prevention of Torture
- Temporary Humanitarian Protection
- Temporary Protection for persons fleeing Ukraine