Welcome to aditus foundation
aditus foundation is a young non-governmental organisation established in 2011 by a group of young lawyers dedicated to ensuring human rights access in Malta. We believe in the universality, interdependence & indivisibility of all human rights.
Named for the Latin word meaning ‘access’, aditus foundation’s mission is the attentive analysis of access in Malta to human rights recognition and enjoyment. In practical terms, our human rights mission is to monitor, report and act on access to human rights by individuals and groups.
Our focus is primarily Malta, but we also work towards highlighting the regional & international dimensions of human rights in Malta.
aditus foundation is also the Secretariat for the Platform of Human Rights Organisations in Malta, Malta's first and only national network of human rights NGOs.
aditus foundation is one of the winners of the 2014 Active Citizens of Europe (ACE) Awards - NGOs Category.
We are registered with the Malta Commissioner for Voluntary Organisations with number VO/0512.
- The release of 9 detained Malians is a human rights victory!
- Joint letter to the Prime Minister regarding the on-going detention of 9 men
- The on-going detention of the 9 Malians is illegal!
- Screening of Burning Bikinis: Bikinis, Society, Women
- National Training on Access to Immigrant Children’s Rights