We are seeking to immediately recruit a Programmes Officer to join our team. This is a maternity cover position for a period of 5 months (1 July – 30 November).
aditus foundation is an independent, voluntary and non-profit organisation established with a mission to monitor, act and report on access to fundamental human rights. Our work includes advocacy, research, capacity building and provision of pro bono legal services in the field of asylum, migration, LGBTIQ+ rights and individual rights and freedoms.
We are seeking to recruit a motivated individual to join our team of human rights advocates in Malta. Our team consists of 4 permanent staff members, supported by a dynamic group of interns and trainees.
aditus is an equal opportunity employer. We value a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture. We encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, citizenship, and (dis)ability.
The Programmes Officer is a key team member, with a wide range of responsibilities in the office.
In particular, the Programmes Officer is primarily responsible for our financial management, book-keeping, reporting under our several funded projects and active participation in some projects.
In view of the short duration of this employment offer, the list of responsibilities will be as follows:
- Day-to-day maintenance of financial documentation relating to income/expenditure;
- Preparing applications to the Co-Financing Fund;
- Participation in the Erasmus+ project (reporting and logistics), developing a training kit for refugee-led organisations;
- Coordinating the production of information videos targeting newly-arrived asylum-seekers;
- Coordinating our merchandise plans;
- Logistics for project and other activities;
- On-going administrative tasks;
- Coordinating the reporting on minor projects;
- General office support.
We are looking for a candidate who can effectively demonstrate the following:
- As a minimum, a post-secondary education. Preference will be given to applicants with a first University degree in accounting, management, business, administration, or related topics;
- Demonstrated experience performing tasks related to the above-listed responsibilities;
- Well-organised approach to competing tasks;
- Capacity to work independently, meet deadlines and engage actively/professionally with colleagues;
- Willingness to travel for seminars and conferences, as these arise;
- Fluency in English;
- Ability to work in a small team and in a fast-paced environment;
- A commitment to diversity which respects differences of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, religion and ability. In particular, a commitment to respect the Code of Conduct of the Malta Refugee Council.
We are able to offer the following to the selected candidate:
- Part-time employment for a period of 5 months, from 1 July to 30 November;
- 30 hours a week, for a gross salary package of around €900 per month (dependant on experience and profile);
- Training and support;
- Statutory vacation and sick leave;
- A flexible and family-friendly working environment;
- A fun and committed group of colleagues!
Please send applications to Katarzyna De Wilde, our Programmes Officer, at email@example.com, attaching a (1) covering letter, (2) updated CV by not later than 25 June 2021.
All applications should include ‘Programmes Officer position’ in the subject line.
This position is partially funded by the following projects/funds:
- Support Services for Newly-Arrived Asylum-Seekers, partially funded by the European Union’s AMIF Programme and by the Co-Financing Fund operated by the Ministry for Education and Employment;
- Project Refugee Assistance Malta, partially funded by the European Union’s AMIF Programme and by the Co-Financing Fund operated by the Ministry for Education and Employment;
- Strengthening Access to Justice for Improved Human Rights Protection, supported by the Active Citizens Fund (ACF) in Malta established under the specific Programme Area for Civil Society part of the EEA Financial Mechanism 2014-2021.