Project Integrated 2022 continues the protection-oriented activities we have bene working on for several years with our key partners in the area of asylum. Supported by UNHCR Malta, our activities in Project Integrated seek to provide a comprehensive approach to asylum-seekers and refugees by offering services, referrals as well as by engaging with public authorities by way of advocacy.
The project has the following key objectives:
- Refugees, asylum-seekers and stateless persons in Malta will enjoy higher standards of protection, in particular children and persons with specific needs.
- Detention and reception conditions are improved.
- Refugees will be more represented and better integrated in Maltese society.
- More inclusive services and initiatives are available to refugees in the community;
- Employment, self-reliance and integration opportunities for refugees are increased and improved..
In order to achieve the project objectives, we will collectively be engaging in a broad range of activities that include community-building activities, legal assistance, psychological support, social work interventions, integration support and educational activities.
Given our expertise, aditus foundation will be providing legal information and services. We will also actively engage with Government authorities and advocate for improved protection standards.