FRUSTRATED? LOOKING FOR MEANINGFUL WORK?
We are looking for a lawyer to join our pro bono legal team at aditus foundation. The legal team carries out impact litigation, advocacy and public outreach, to ensure the protection of fundamental rights to our client base. In particular, the work focuses on protecting asylum and migration rights to asylum-seekers and beneficiaries of protection from arrival, through the application stage including possible appeals right on to ensuring the enjoyment of rights afforded to refugees. The lawyer will be responsible for litigation and developing strategy together with the legal and advocacy team.
The Lawyer will conduct impact litigation and advocacy to advance and enforce the rights of beneficiaries of international protection.
- Litigate cases in courts and tribunals, specifically in immigration, constitutional and human rights law matters. This would include legal research, working with clients, drafting pleadings, briefs, and legal memoranda;
- Work with aditus’ advocacy team to advance our goals on human rights, rule of law, immigration and integration;
- Travel as required for conferences, and other advocacy opportunities;
- Engage in special projects and other duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- A law degree from the University of Malta;
- Minimum of three years of litigation or other relevant experience preferred;
- Admission to the bar to practice in Malta;
- Commitment to immigrants’ rights, fundamental rights and social justice;
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team;
- Excellent interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- Fluency in Maltese, English. Knowledge of relevant foreign languages (spoken) is preferred, but not required.
- Immediate start.
- Salary range €22,000 – €23,000.
- Flexible & family friendly working solutions.
- The chance to create lasting change.
In order to apply, please send your CV to email@example.com with “Vacancy – Lawyer” in caption.
Deadline: We are looking for immediate start, so please send your CVs asap. We would like to close the recruitment process by not later than 23rd December, 2022.