In the context of the project Marginalised Persons as Human Rights Volunteers, we are happy to offer two paid Human Rights Internships, for the period 1 February to 31 December 2020.
The project acknowledges the challenges faced by marginalised groups in engaging in NGO activities and seeks to overcome these challenges by providing as broad a learning experience as possible.
The two Interns will be fully integrated into our team, participating in projects, activities, advocacy efforts, public initiatives and formulation of our strategies. Together with the Interns, we will also identify and support our Interns’ key learning needs, such as linguistic, IT, administrative/management or other.
What will we offer the 2 Human Rights Interns?
- full inclusion in our team as an active member;
- comprehensive mentoring throughout the internship;
- total administrative support, including computer, internet, logistics, etc;
- honorarium on the basis of committed hours;
- Daily Transport Allowance
- support (financial and other) for additional Learning Activities.
What will we require from the 2 Human Rights Interns?
- minimum internship commitment of 20-25 hours per week;
- full participation in and contribution to our NGO activities;
- on-going discussions with the Mentor on goals and targets, progress, challenges, etc.
- maintain an Internship Journal, to be published monthly as a blog post on our website and social media pages;
- commitment to complete the supported additional Learning Activities.
Interested? Just be sure that you have…
- commitment to human rights principles and values, with a wish to put them to practice!
- good communication skills in either English or Maltese;
- minimum completion of Secondary Level education;
- membership of a group that may be described as marginalised (age, sexual orientation, gender identity, immigration status, disability, financial status, etc.).
Send us a letter of motivation & your CV, explaining your interest in these Human Rights Internships, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or to 1A Rhea Building, Triq is-Santissima Trinitá, Ħamrun, by Friday 24 January 2020. Queries? Call us on +356 2010 6295.
Since we are only able to offer 2 places, it is important that you explain to us why you feel you ought to benefit from this project.
You can download this Internship Notice here.
Project partially funded by the Voluntary Organisations Project Scheme, managed by the Malta Council for the Voluntary Sector. Sole responsibility for this message lies with aditus foundation and MCVS is not responsible for any use that may be made of the information contained therein.