As part of our activities to act on human rights access, we offer legal information and advice through our Pro Bono Unit. The Unit is currently composed of 2 lawyers and a number of interns providing research and other forms of support.
We are seeking to expand the Pro Bono Unit by offering the position of a full- or part-time Legal Intern.
The position is for an initial period of 6 months, with the possibility of extension. Although future employment possibilities are not excluded, no commitment to this effect can be made by aditus foundation.
Regrettably, we are unable to offer payment for the internship. However, we strive to offer all our interns an all-round experience to the same extent as staff members. This includes regular participation in overseas trainings, conference and meetings.
The Legal Intern will be a full and active member of the Unit, which tasks generally involve:
• Initial client meetings;
• Case conferences within the Unit;
• Legal interventions (information, referral, support);
• Research and reporting;
• Data management.
Whilst the Unit strives to act in all issues having a human rights theme, the following are current main areas of intervention: Asylum procedure; Immigration; Labour; Sexual orientation and Gender Identity; Anti-discrimination.
Prospective candidates should:
• Be in possession of a law degree, or currently pursuing a course leading to a law degree;
• Be knowledgeable of either refugee law, human rights law, or both;
• Have an understanding of and agreement with the organisations’ guiding principles;
• Own transport is preferable.
If you’re interested please send us your CV and covering letter by not later than Friday 22nd August to our Director [email protected]