1 January 2019 – 31 December 2019
aditus foundation,Integra Foundation, JRS Malta, Migrant Women Association (Malta) and the Women’s Rights Foundation.
The project is an extension of joint activities implemented since 2015, working on two components:
- Integration: aditus foundation, JRS Malta, Integra Foundation
- Protection: JRS Malta, Migrant Women Association (Malta), Women’s Rights
The integration component of the project seeks to ensure that beneficiaries of international protection are integrated in Maltese society, effectively enjoy their rights, and achieve true independence and self-sufficiency.
- service provision – information, legal assistance, basic integration support, and social work services. The project provides information, legal assistance, basic integration support, individual support and social work services;
- capacity building of mainstream service providers through consultation and stakeholder meetings. In 2019, Project Integrated is focusing on access to mental health care, family reunification, access to tertiary and post-secondary education;
- advocating for better integration services and programmes, with a focus on the integration policy framework, family reunification for beneficiaries of subsidiary protection, access to long-term residence and citizenship.
The protection component aims to ensure that asylum seekers:
- are received in conditions that respect their dignity and not detained unnecessarily;
- are able to obtain information to be better able to access protection;
- who experience SGBV are able to obtain effective access to legal redress as well as to the services and support they need.
- provision of legal assistance to survivors of gender based violence;
- monthly activities for women living in reception centres;
- provision of psychological services to survivors of SGBV.